Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We are a "Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat"!!!!

We have had our property certified as a "Backyard Wildlife Habitat" by the National Wildlife Foundation http://www.nwf.org/backyard/. We should have a sign to post in the yard soon, but for now it appears that the word is out. Here is a new visitor that just started coming around in the mornings yesterday and today. I couldn't really get a great picture because he was about 70 ft away and I shot the photo through a window and screen. I don't have a powerful zoom on my D-SLR yet, so this is the best I could get with a little cropping and sharpen filter in Photoshop.


Kaila was the first to spot this guy yesterday. She said she saw a deer run through the yard and it looked wierd, "like a big dog with huge horns on it." I was a little intrigued with that description so I had her to describe whether the horns were big or little - she said big and made a HUGE gesture with her hands - so I was thinking we must have Bambi's Dad walking around and was expecting like a 12-point or something. As it turns out, this little guy appears pretty young - for a minute I thought it was a goat! Nevertheless, he does have antlers - although I couldn't get a good enough look to count them and I'm not sure my photo is good enough either. Anyway, I hope he sticks around a while and brings a few friends too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment