Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunshades in progress

We should be finishing up the custom architectural sunshades on the exterior of the house today or tomorrow. The Memorial Day weekend is being kind to us and allowing an extra day of good weather to work in.

It also looks like we'll have another summer of frequent blog updates, as we've decided to add a pool to the landscape. Hopefully if all goes well with financing and planning, we should be able to start excavation for the pool in mid-late June. Of course we'll keep you posted with updates and photos. We decided that we aren't getting any younger and neither are the kids - and pools won't be getting any cheaper, so we're going to really do it. That means that our mini-vacation to Indianapolis is pushed back to next year, and next year's planned trip to Disney World is pushed to 2010. All the while, we'll be kicking back in the pool and having fun!

Anyway, look for an update later today or tomorrow for the sunshades, and don't forget to check back for updates on the landscape - raingarden, wetland, and prairie - soon too. The excavator will be starting to clear for the wetland next week.

As for an update on the inside - Kenny will be starting trim sometime this summer and I'll be working on touch up painting and getting another coat of wax on the floor. By the way, dogs are not kind to the wax finish on my floors! Oh well, it's otherwise indestructable and great for both kids and pets. I can't tell you how many times something has been spilled or dropped or there's been a pet/kid "accident" and it's just no big deal. In our old house we'd have to break out the towels, carpet spot treatment, shampoo machine, etc. Here, it's a quick 1-2 with the mop and you're done. I will never have carpet in my living areas ever again - it is so nasty.

Also, those of you who know me probably remember that I had a terrible time with springtime seasonal allergies. I'm happy to report that amazingly, I have not had the slightest problem with allergies since moving into our house - which is wierd considering that we now keep the windows open all the time. (Knocking on wood as I type).

Ok, so that's about it for the update today - I'll see some of you in August for the Dalton Reunion, and others for various tours that we'll be doing through the summer months, so be sure to mention that you still check in on the blog. I'll only keep it up as long as people want me to, so let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment