Sunday, March 4, 2007

Primed and Ready for Paint . . .

Today Kenny spent the day working on ductwork and electrical while I cleaned, and cleaned, and . . . finally I was able to prime the kitchen wall and get it ready to paint. We had a huge mess to clean up after the drywallers finished - there was a thick layer of drywall dust on every surface in the house. For 3 days during this past week, I spent the afternoons mopping the walls and ceilings. Then today, I shop vac'd the windows and washed the caked-on dust off of the windows. Then it was time to cut in the primer around the ductwork and in the corners. Then it was time to prime the rest of the wall (see finished wall below). Tomorrow I'm giving a tour to a group of 21 Interior Design students and a faculty member from the College of Mount St. Joseph here in Cincinnati. After that, I'll be doing more priming and Kenny will be hooking up outlets on the main floor and working on the breaker box in the garage. I need to paint the kitchen and dining room walls so that cabinets can be installed next weekend.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment