Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Yeah! The meter spins BACKWARDS!

Ok, today Duke Energy came out and replaced the meter on the house. The technician wanted to know why we needed a new meter and when I said it was because the one we had didn't turn backwards, I opened a can of worms! Finally after about 15-20 minutes, I convinced him that what I was doing was legal and that we knew what we were doing, he finally put the new meter on. I fired up the PV system (luckily it was a very sunny day) and he could see the meter spinning backward for himself! When I left this evening, the sun was still shining and we had produced a total of 24 kWh so far!

Below are some photos that volunteer, Perry Leitner sent me. He is a local Master Electrician that is training to become a certified PV installer. He helped to install our system as part of his training. Carl Adams was another volunteer also training to become a certified PV installer. Both underwent training in Toledo with our certified installer, John Witte of Advanced Distributed Generation, LLC based in Toledo, OH.




Above from left to right are volunteers Carl Adams, Perry Leitner, and our installer John Witte.


No comments:

Post a Comment